Re: I'm looking for a good shared hosting web host

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Re: I'm looking for a good shared hosting web host
On 2023-07-03 10:15, Vikriti D'Vita via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> You might also want to check out Hostgator.
> They're hosting is incredibly cheap, and they do provide SSH access
> unlike other similar services. Infact most people use their one click
> CPanel installer to have smtp, https, and php, and postgres/mysql set
> up. They have one click installers for mailing list software as well,
> but I have not used them. I just use them for spinning up wordpress
> quickly.
>
> I also just like getting a VPS from something like Digital Ocean or AWS
> because of the transparency and simplicity, but the support there would
> be non existent, and you'd have you set up everything yourself, which
> might not be worth it depending on the requirements.

The thing one needs to know about Digital Ocean and AWS is you will also
need to create and configure a mail server and in the case of AWS you
might have to configure a DNS server as well.

I like hostGator and have used them. At one point however they where
overloading their web servers which I think they may have long resolved.