Re: Phoenix is emerging as the city of the future

Author: Matthew Crews via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matthew Crews
Subject: Re: Phoenix is emerging as the city of the future
As a life long Arizonan, I can say that, without even reading the
article, it's full of crap.

If Phoenix wants to be considered a city of the future, it needs to
embrace dense urban planning (and get rid of this ridiculous urban
sprawl), have an actual functional mass transit system, have actual (and
affordable) entertainment, and be an actually good place to raise a
family (which means schools that are worth a damn, walkable
neighborhoods, family friendly entertainment, and a halfway decent
medical system).

Right now the only thing still anchoring me to Arizona is a decent
paying job. If that job ever goes away (more like when than if) then I
will be looking for a better place to live.

-Matt