Re: computer recomendations

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: computer recomendations
I would say Framework has a chromebook edition
<https://frame.work/products/laptop-chromebook-12-gen-intel> as probably
the "best", but the framework laptop can also be anything else like
windoze/linux, or probably even a hackintosh if you really wanted. I'm not
sure other chromebooks are convertible to linux or other os if someone say
hated chromeos.

Otherwise I'd say search for "best chromebook 2023
<https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=high-end+chromebook&ia=web>" like this one
<https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-chromebooks> and pick as nice of one
as his budget will allow.

I'd also check buying one off ebay used, chromebooks are probably readily
available from off-lease edu or folks that just didn't like chromeos that
ran back to windoze or mac, and likely cheap/reasonable as I can't imagine
a strong market for them.

-mb

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 8:45 AM Michael via PLUG-discuss <