Re: Trying to find CD/DVD Rom usinf Dolphin

Author: Nathan O'Brennan via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Nathan O'Brennan
Subject: Re: Trying to find CD/DVD Rom usinf Dolphin
On Thursday, October 27, 2022 7:44:28 PM CDT Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
wrote:
> I downloaded an ISO and used K3B to burn a DVD.

KDE uses kio-slaves to detect and mount volumes.
Typically the kio-slave will show the cd/dvd in the "Places" sidebar on the
left.

Does the disc not show up in the sidebar?

Eject the disc from your drive and then from a command line run

journalctl -fl

and then insert the disc. Watch the command to see if it detects the disc load
or states any errors. Press CTRL-c to cancel the journalctl command.