Re: Open Source License

Author: T Zack Crawford via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: T Zack Crawford
Subject: Re: Open Source License
You should always license your code. You can always re-license it later (I don't think it only applies after a fork?). I promote GPL3 usually (copyleft). If I don't care about some company stealing and selling my code or perhaps someone using it for nefarious purposes, then I often recommend WTFPL for very small projects. I think it's Apache-like licenses that are pretty good for open-sourcing projects while still granting you some intellectual property protections.

Zack