Re: Domain Registering and Hosting/Website Funny Business

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: Domain Registering and Hosting/Website Funny Business
On Sun, 2022-07-31 at 17:06 -0700, wrote:

> On 2022-07-30 16:52, Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> > On Sat, 2022-07-30 at 10:20 -0700,  wrote:
> > > Hi Steve,
> > >

> > Keith, how would you like to give a MVC presentation at 7pm this
> > coming Wednesday at
> > GoLUG? I think everyone would benefit from have somebody who knows how
> > to do MVC
> > *right*.
> >
> > You can make it PHP centric or not. I think a lot of these people know
> > PHP.
> >

> Thank you for the invite.  I do not consider myself an expert.  I just
> know how I make it work for me.

The fact that you make MVC work puts you ahead of a log of MVC blabbermouths, and
contradicts the dissing I did of MVC in past GoLUG meetings.

> So that is in Orlando FL?  So that is a 3 hour difference from AZ?

All I can tell you is it's Eastern Daylight time. With everyone doing their own
thing with timezones, I can't calculate anymore.

> I would be willing, however I would need a couple weeks to be able to
> get prepared. I would create an article that would be the basis of my
> talk.

Excellent! I'll pencil you in for September 7, 2022, at 7PM Eastern Daylight Time.
This will be popular. The fact that you don't consider yourself an expert is a good
sign.

> I take the meeting are held on zoom or some other screen share utility.

We hold them with Jitsi. https://meet.jit.si/golug . With Jitsi, anybody can share
their screen, not just the presenter. This makes answering detailed questions
easier.

Jitsi is easy if you use Chromium. I've never been able to get Jitsi to work with
any other browser, although I haven't tried Windows browsers. There are also pre-
compiled Jitsi apps that work well with Linux.

I'll go ahead and announce Wednesday's meeting as a Linux bull session, because I'm
getting tired of doing all the presentations :-)

Thanks,

SteveT