Re: valve onboarding suckath

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Stephen Partington, der.hans
Subject: Re: valve onboarding suckath
this is from the steam password FAQ

Use at least 6 characters
Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
Include at least one number within the password
Do not use a name, a word that could be found in the dictionary, or a
series of letters as it appears on the keyboard ("qwerty" and "12345" are
not secure passwords)

I would also review what characters you are using and consider maximum
password length. they may have an unpublished limit. Like my company has a
product that fails when # is used.

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 4:33 PM der.hans via PLUG-discuss <
> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> the SteamDeck looks great. Valve has done a lot to work with Linux and
> Free Software even putting out info on how to modify the SteamDeck if you
> can get one.
>
> The first step to get a SteamDeck is to setup an account in order to order
> one.
>
> But, the signon hasn't been working for me.
>
> I keep getting "The password you entered is not allowed. Please select a
> different password, with at least 8 characters."
>
> Y'all know I would not default to something less than dozens of
> characters, so a short password is not the problem.
>
> I've tried with reduced special characters, without special characters,
> with only 8 characters and many, many other things.
>
> All the support options for valve presume you have an account, so not way
> of contacting them. If this is what their customer support is like then
> they really suck even if they are supporting Free Software.
>
> I allowed all the JavaScript, cookies and crap and it still doesn't work.
> I created a container and installed chromium and it still doesn't work.
>
> I'm tired of working for free for Valve, but I'd really like to get a
> steamdeck for kidling.
>
> Has anyone craeted a new account recently and knows the secret to getting
> their site to work or getting them to actually respond?
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> # https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
> # "The purpose of IT is to seamlessly and transparently provide the other
> # 9/10's of the iceberg for people who need to work with chunks
> # of floating ice." -- Strata Rose Chalup

Stephen