Re: Can't get update to work ...

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists, joe
New-Topics: Lists for pihole
Subject: Re: Can't get update to work ...

Ran a Google search "linux mint The package lists or status file could
not be parsed or opened." which is your last line.

Looks like the fix is to run these two commends:

1) sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
2) sudo apt-get update

Here is the article:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=131082