Can't get update to work ...

Author: joe--- via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG
CC: joe
Subject: Can't get update to work ...
I can't get my Linux Mint version 17.2 to update:

DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=17.2
DISTRIB_CODENAME=rafaela
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela"

I tried both of these: from the command line:
sudo apt update ; sudo apt -f install
sudo apt full-upgrade

This is the text of the error message I see:

Could not refresh the list of updates
WzDuplicate sourcesJist entry http://dl.google.comllinux/
chrome/deb] stable/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/aptllists/
dLgoog|e.com_|inux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-
amd64_kckages).
Encountered a section with no mckage: header.
Problem with MergeList Ivar/lib/aptllistsl
archive.getdeb.net_ubuntu_dists_trusty—
getdeb_apps_i18n_‘ll'anslation-en,
The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

===