Re: cmos battery

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael
Subject: Re: cmos battery
Lovely.... my computer Is a swall computer (7"x7") and I can't even see the
battery.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006787/intel-nuc.html
Even lovelier: the board is screwed in tightly and I can't get the board
off to access the battery. I'll take it somewhere and let someone else
worry about it. On a positive note the box is about 8 years old and the
battery is only rated for 3 if it isn't used. It has been sitting unused at
my parent's place for 7 of those 8 years.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 1:23 PM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <
> wrote:

> Michael via PLUG-discuss said on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 12:47:09 -0500
>
> >When it begins to die does the clock not keep accurate time?
> >
> >--
> >:-)~MIKE~(-:
>
> https://lmgtfy.app/?q=computer+cmos+battery
>
> Be sure to skip the ads.
>
> Seriously, Mike, if you have the slightest suspicion that your CMOS
> battery is causing trouble with your computer, and the battery is more
> than 1 year old (and remember, it could have been several months old if
> you bought the computer new, several years old if you bought it used),
> why not just spend five bucks for a new one, and for sure eliminate a
> possible source of otherwise hard to diagnose intermittence?
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Spring 2021 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful
> Technologist http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques