Re: Kdenlive + Audacity noise reduction

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: Kdenlive + Audacity noise reduction
I've done something like this with audacity, but not a good while to
remember exactly how.

Some 6-7 years ago I was excited about starting a business, and was playing
with building a call IVR system that I recorded my own voice audio for
voice prompts, but picked up the rest of crap in my house too. I used some
basic noise filters through standard installed filters to remove stuff
almost brainlessly. I remember a buddy of mine checking it out for me, he
asked me if I did these professionally edited or something, and was just
like "nah, me screwing around", but it ended up being really clean audio
recording through my Jabra 510 speakerphone.

For your use case with video, you'll probably need to extract the audio
stream, run it through audacity with the noise filter, re-mux it back in.
I don't deal with video editing really to tell you the best method there,
but probably containerize it as a mkv. I'm sure you ought to be able to
mux the audio/video feeds with existing tools, mostly what folks do with
video all day for pira^H^H^H^Huploaded videos all day.

HTH!

-mb

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 11:15 AM Herminio Hernandez, Jr. via PLUG-discuss <