Re: Kdenlive + Audacity noise reduction

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff via PLUG-discuss
To: Herminio Hernandez, Jr. via PLUG-discuss
CC: Brian Cluff
Subject: Re: Kdenlive + Audacity noise reduction
I've never had that problem.  I actually do this for every video I've
made for plug.  I just use the export audio function from within
kdenlive and then do whatever processing I need to do on it and then
simply save it back out as a wav again (or more recently a flac file so
save space) and load it into kdenlive, making sure to line the beginning
of the audio clip up with the beginning of it's video.  They've lined up
every single time.  You just have to make sure that you don't cut any
parts out from either the video or the audio before reassembling them in
kdenlive.

That being said if you somehow did get your audio off, you'll need for
look for some visual clue as to when things happen and simply slide the
audio over until it lines up.  I used to have to do this for every
single plug video when I first started because I was capturing the audio
completely separate from the video.  Ideally you would use a
clapperboard or just simply have someone on camera clap once so you
could see the clap and line up the corresponding clap sound with the
clap motion.

Brian Cluff