Re: LFS

Author: Harold Hartley via PLUG-discuss
To: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
CC: Harold Hartley
Subject: Re: LFS
But it's not accessible to the hearing impaired. I had mentioned to gnome on their list and was told they can't put caption into gnome because it is proprietary and gnome feels they can not put it into gnome.
I don't understand that since it's a standard thing worldwide. So how can it be proprietary.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021, at 09:48, Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Because of some secondary dependencies that are probably needed. And
> yes, someone has already made the comment about it being bloated.
> However, I disagree as Gnome is fully accessible to the blind and is
> compatible with the dozen or so known screen readers for the blind.
> KDE, However, is not. It might be slimmer, but that comes with a cost.
>
> -Eric
> From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Division of
> Developmental code for accessibility
>

> > On Jul 18, 2021, at 4:33 PM, Michael via PLUG-discuss <> wrote:
> >
> > You know I'm doing Linux From Scratch and I'm looking into Beyond
> > Linux from Scratch. Well I look at KDE and I look at Gnome. Gnome has
> > about twice the pAckages to compile. Why is that?
> >
> > --

Harold Hartley
17632 N. 5th place
Phoenix, AZ 85022