Re: Installing databases on CentOS 8 (was: Tempe job monsoon…

+ (text/html)
Author: greg zegan via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: greg zegan
Subject: Re: Installing databases on CentOS 8 (was: Tempe job monsoon)
[gzegan@GreenRoom ~]$ sudo dnf install @postgresql:10
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity

This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.

bintray--ookla-rhel                                                                              16  B/s |  10  B     00:00
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'bintray--ookla-rhel':
  - Status code: 403 for https://ookla.bintray.com/rhel/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 34.212.90.147)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'bintray--ookla-rhel': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
gzegan@GreenRoom ~]$ sudo dnf install mysql-server
[sudo] password for gzegan:

  - Status code: 403 for https://ookla.bintray.com/rhel/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 52.37.31.3)

On 2021-07-14 08:54, greg zegan via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I am having trouble installing both MySQL and PostgreSQL on
> my CentOS 8 laptop. I keep getting this error that says the
> machine is not subscribed to Red Hat...

What was the exact command you executed?  From what I can tell from a
cursory search in DDG, the thing you do on a stock CentOS 8 machine
should be just "dnf install mysql-server"[0].  I remember installing
MariaDB[1] was practically a no-brainer on CentOS 7.

Postgres is more complex because you can install either version 10 or
version 12.
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-use-postgresql-on-centos-8
walks you through that.

Also, when asking a new question on a mailing list, you should start a
new thread with a new appropriate Subject: line.

[0] They changed the package manager *again*?
[1] All the development is happening in that project now, though the
client and server are still named mysql and mysqld.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity