Re: boy am I glad I have a basic understanding of linux than…

Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: boy am I glad I have a basic understanding of linux thanks to you guys.
Heh, yeah.
I started out with one of the first actual distributions from Red Hat the first year they introduced it in 1996. Red hat has been in the Linux arena for at least 25 years at this point. I am also one of the few founding members of PLUG still active on the list (we got our start with the steering committee back in 1997 and by mid to late 1998, were a full blown Linux Users group with a governing board and everything). So, yeah, I’ve been around a very long time in Linux. I still use it for it’s accessibility when other OS platforms fall flat (like windows does every damned day of the week).

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Historical records Dept.