Re: zfs encryption + boot + world + dog

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: zfs encryption + boot + world + dog
I agree with your comments on BTRFS, it's exactly why I've never bothered
with it, as it wasn't getting me anything. I want to be rid of using
mdraid and luks for a native solution, but replacing layers for no or
negligible benefit.

Last I had rebuilt my laptop, arch supported encryption, but not at boot
time, but seems it might be possible now. I need to dig some more, but saw
this with some quick poking around today.
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Root_on_ZFS_with_native_encryption

Gives me some hope arch might, but might look beyond arch too. I've had a
lot of issues with arch in the past few years, particularly
updates/upgrades, so I'm back to contemplating my choice in religion, er
linux.

-mb

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 9:55 PM Matthew Crews via PLUG-discuss <