Re: disable full screen apps in KDE

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff via PLUG-discuss
To: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
CC: Brian Cluff
Subject: Re: disable full screen apps in KDE
System Settings -> Window Managment -> Window Rules
Click on New
Set the Description to something like "No Full Screen" and leave
everything else alone, it they should all be set to Unimportant.
Click on the "Size & Position" tab
Check the box next to "Fullscreen" then change the select box next to it
to "Force"  and the bubble next to that should be set to "No"
Click OK and it will warn you with the verbage that means that it's
going to match ALL windows which would normally not be good, but that's
what you want.
Then click Apply on the main System Setting windows and enjoy your no
full screen system.

To create an exception to your blanket rules:
Right click on title bar of the application you want to make an
exception for and go to "More Actions" -> "Configure Special Application
Settings..."
Then select the "Size & Position" and put a check next to "Fullscreen"
and set the select box to "Do Not Effect"
Click OK and enjoy your Fullscreen exception!

Brian Cluff

PS, if you're running the latest version of KDE the interface is a
little different.  In that case instead of clicking on the "Size &
Position" tab you just have to click on Add Property at the bottom and
look/search for "Fullscreen" and set all the same options as above.