Troubleshooting Apache

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG-discuss
CC: techlists
Subject: Troubleshooting Apache
Hi,

I've configured Apache more than a few times with little trouble. For
some reason I cannot see the current site I have configured.

I am running Ubuntu 20.04lts and Apache2.

Apache is running. I can see the default page when entering the private
or the public IP to the box in my browser.

I assume that proves that port 80 is open to the world.

I configured the vhost directive file and enabled it.

I checked the configuration with "apache2ctl -t" which returns "Syntax
OK".

When I try to access the website via my domain, it times out and the
browser says the website is not reachable.

I've looked in the Apache error logs and there is nothing that indicates
a problem.

Is there another log or logs I should be looking at?

Any help much appreciated!!

Keith