BIND9 on Ubuntu 20.04lts

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG-discuss
CC: techlists
Subject: BIND9 on Ubuntu 20.04lts
Hi,

I need some help with Bind.

I have a Cox Business account that allows me to run servers with no
blocked ports.

I have an old laptop configure running BIND 9 and Apache.

I can see the default Apache page if I enter my IP into a browser. So
Apache seems to be working.

My domain is KeithTheWebGuy.com.
My public IP is 98.191.108.149
I've port forwarded both 80 and 53.
I have a VPS that was serving KeithTheWebGuy.com and so I took the zone
file from there and modified it with my public IP.
Apache is configured for KeithTheWebGuy.com so I think.

When I try to go to KeithTheWebGuy.com I get a message the site cannot
be reached.

I'm thinking I have a BIND issue.

If I issue dig keiththewebguy.com at the command line I get:

--
; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> keiththewebguy.com
;; global options: +cmd

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;keiththewebguy.com.            IN      A

;; Query time: 32 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53)
;; WHEN: Mon Jun 07 19:30:59 UTC 2021
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 47
--

No IP is returned.

If I "dig google.com" An IP is returned.

; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> google.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;google.com.                    IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.com.             63      IN      A       172.217.11.174

;; Query time: 8 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53)
;; WHEN: Mon Jun 07 19:32:12 UTC 2021
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 55