Re: OT: Off topic ... Hi from an old timer ... plus, a Quest…

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: Mike Schwartz
CC: der.hans, PLUG-discuss mailing list, Joseph Sinclair
Subject: Re: OT: Off topic ... Hi from an old timer ... plus, a Question
Am 26. Jan, 2021 schwätzte Mike Schwartz so:

moin moin Mike,

> OT: Off topic ... Hi from an old timer ... plus, a Question
>
> Please forgive me if I have been "out of radio contact" for too long.

Yeah, it's been a while :).

I believe both CenturyLink and Cox are offering Gigabit if you're in the
right part of town. At least Cox puts a data maximum on it. I believe
someone pointed out that a true gigabit connection can hit the monthly
maximum in a few hours.

I was switching ISPs about the time that the pandemic started, so just
kept the old connection. I'm on one connection for dayjob and the family
uses the other.

Since the pandemic has started both ISPs have had multi-hour outages, so
it's been handy to have a spare. Paying for two connections is a lot
cheaper than not getting paid due to overloaded bandwidth :).

ciao,

der.hans

--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org