Re: Question about memory for a Dell

+ (text/html)
Author: Todd Cole via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Todd Cole
Subject: Re: Question about memory for a Dell
I maintain about 15 Dell Optiplex 7010
They do use several different Motherboards but so far all have used
standard DDR3 unbuffered Memory up to 32GB
Factory ram is usually Hynix 4G 2Rx8 PC3-1200U some have 2 slots others
have 4 slots
Resell Electronics/Westech Recycling 220 S 9th St #400, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Has lots of used Ram in stock
4Gb is about 5$ 8Gb is about 15$ as I recall 8GB are not always in stock
but I buy all of them when they have them

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:03 PM Jim via PLUG-discuss <
> wrote:

> Recently I bought a Dell Optiplex 7010. Today I started looking for
> some more memory (2 4GB DIMMs) to put in it. Some said it was for the
> Dell while others didn't claim to be for a specific model. I did
> notice that the ones claiming to be for a Dell were about twice the cost
> of those that didn't and I don't want to pay the extra if I can avoid
> it. I'm sending links to a couple of the choices. Can someone tell me
> if there's any difference between the two? Thanks.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y69nepup
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y54gjnfz

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team