Re: Editing firefox.desktop

Author: Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matt Graham
Subject: Re: Editing firefox.desktop
On 2020-12-23 16:39, Steve B via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Is it possible to edit the firefox.desktop file such that I can
> invoke "firejail --apparmor firefox -no-remote" as the default manner
> in which the application starts? If so can someone point me to a guide
> or provide me with an example? I'm having some difficulty finding a
> resource through Google.

KDE: right-click on the application menu, "Edit Applications",
Internet->Mozilla Firefox, edit the Command: entry so that it executes
what you want instead of the default "firefox %u" command.

Everything: Just find whatever .desktop file is being used by your
desktop environment with "locate \*desktop | grep firefox" (there may be
a few of them.) Then edit the Exec= line so that it invokes the command
line you want instead of the default "firefox %u". This will almost
certainly break every time firefox gets updated though.

Alternatively, copy the default .desktop file to wherever your Desktop
directory is, then edit that, and always launch your firefox from that
icon/whatever instead of the system menu. That will get rid of the
"menu entry goes back to default after update" problem.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity