USB RAID enclosure recommendations

Author: Adam Mercer via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Adam Mercer
Subject: USB RAID enclosure recommendations
Hi

My old Drobo 5D DAS that I use on an old iMac (that is about to die)
is on the verge of dying (as well) I currently have a TrueNAS system
for holding my main backup data but I'm a tad paranoid and like to
have a couple of locations locally, in addition to the cloud location,
for my backups (through experience).

Does anyone have any recommendations for an external RAID 1 box that I
can plug a couple of 3.5" SATA drives into and connect via USB to my
Linux (Fedora) box?

Or is something like an ODroid HC4 (granted it's a NAS) be a better option?

Cheers

Adam