Re: Help with clam on access scanning

Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: Re: Help with clam on access scanning
I followed the instructions here for setting up on access scanning

https://www.clamav.net/documents/on-access-scanning

The only instruction I couldn't follow was this:
Set the `ScanOnAccess` option to `yes`  There was no such option in
/etc/clamav/clamd.conf  I also saw no option to set for scan on access
any particular file type.  I tried sudo clamonacc, tested the   test
files and it didn't stop me accessing them.  I found out that starting
clamonacc with the -F option can be helpful when something isn't
working.  I tried delboy@ladmo:~$ sudo clamonacc and a minute or so
later, here's what I got:

ClamInotif: watching '/home/delboy' (and all sub-directories)
ERROR: ClamInotif: could not watch path '/home/delboy', No space left on
device
ClamScanQueue: stopped
ClamInotif: stopped
Clamonacc: stopped
delboy@ladmo:~$

df -h shows 1.1T available on the disk mounted as my home directory.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

thanks