Re: Why Gnome?

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Stephen Partington
New-Topics: Clam on access scanning
Subject: Re: Why Gnome?
I think the bundles applications are part of it, Not that there is any
exclusion of it. Most of it is a preference of how things are done.
Resource consumption and management. and in some cases level of pretty.

i think ease of tinkerability is part of it some are easier to do so with
than others.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 5:58 AM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A recent thread got me thinking: What does Gnome offer that any old
> environment with a panel (the thing they used to call a "taskbar" in
> win98)? What can you do with Gnome that you can't do with LXDE or xfce?
>
> I'm unable to use Gnome because I init with runit rather than systemd,
> but I'd still like to understand how Gnome makes life easier for people.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Autumn 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive

Stephen