SeaGL Fri and Sat

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: quatsch
CC: der.hans
Subject: SeaGL Fri and Sat
moin moin,

SeaGL is this coming weekend (Friday and Saturday). I usually promote it a
little in case anyone wants to head up to Seattle for a nice conference.

We're online this year and running a (mostly) Free Software stack for the
presentations.

We have 3 tracks both days with over 30 talks total and 4 keynotes. I'm
really looking forward to a bunch of the talks.

https://seagl.org/news/2020/10/26/program-2020.html

As usual, attendance is free with optional registration.

The last couple years we've had an afternoon tea exchange on Saturday.
Since we're virtual we decided to have TeaGL both days as our afternoon
social break. Everyone's encouraged to grab a beverage and participate.

We're also doing TeaGL toasts if you'd like to create a short video for us
to include.

https://mastodon.social/@SeaGL/105049083765428489

we have a couple more announcements to make before the conference starts.
For instance, we should announce our theme tomorrow. We also have some in
conference events we need to finalize before we can announce them.

We can still use some volunteers to help during talks and with our help
desk. For those we have training Monday at 11:00 AZ time (noon Seattle)
and Tuesday at 16:00 (17:00 Seattle).

https://seagl.org/news/2020/10/05/call-for-volunteers.html

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "I have seen the enemy, and it is shiny." -- Benjy Feen, 22Jun2001