pip presumptions check

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: quatsch
CC: der.hans
Subject: pip presumptions check
moin moin,

for $reasons I need to have two different displays up at the same time. X
forwarding, etc. won't work for this scenerio.

I have a really, really nice 50" 4k TV as my monitor. It has mutliple HDMI
inputs, but doesn't do picture in picture.

I can switch back and forth, but it's a pain when I view the secondary
display as I still need the primary display up.

If I buy an HDMI switch that does pip, is it reasonable to think I could
pip the second display up as a window on the big screen and view lag free
updates?

Much of what I need will be leave it up and watch results. Much will also
be keyboard and mouse activity. I already have those hooked up to a USB
switch and that allows me to easily swith between systems.

I'd like to get rid of the drop the need for the second physical display
by viewing keyboard and mouse events on the pip popup.

Here are a couple of the devices I'm looking at. It need to take at least
2 external displays, do pip and be 4k fo the primary display.

https://www.newegg.com/xtrempro-61033-hdmi-switchers/p/N82E16812318055?Description=picture%20in%20picture&cm_re=picture_in%20picture-_-12-318-055-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/p/2W9-00CJ-00094?Item=9SIAP3DBMV0821

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# Molotov Bible - religion thrown at other people in order to cause an