Windoze Ameliorated Edition

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG Phoenix List
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Windoze Ameliorated Edition
Kind of interesting, I've been testing this lately, and love this inside my
linux-based virtualbox vm. I use linux as a full-time Arch OS, windoze as
a vm, but I need Visio as almost the defacto network engineer documentation
tool since 2000. Paying for Windoze licensing to only call me a pirate
every few months when I change my VM/hardware and for the past 15+ years of
using linux for everything, I'm tired

I found this on Linus Tech Tips, normally he's annoying, but this was
interesting <https://youtu.be/nwkiU6GG-YU>.

I only use windoze for visio, project, or other things that really no good
alternatives exist for (still), so be it. This win10 ameliorated edition
is great for me, it runs almost like xp speed in doing what I need to do,
removing all the spyware/telemetry, with at least some modern security, but
since I don't even enable it's virtual nic, works great. I just share
files with local folders through the vbox plugins for file access.

Funny in light of news Microsoft contributing to the Linux kernel to make
windoze itself a proper hypervisor layer upon linux. It'll end up like
Android, another bastard running atop a linux kernel, with "alternative"
licensing means, but seeing I've paid the microsoft tax for 25 years now,
they owe me, not the other way around.

As someone that doesn't use microsoft, hates microsoft, wishes they'd sell
off visio to a proper company as the only thing I use windoze for, I'm
really liking this. Some quirks, but ping me on the side, I've got it
working nicely for visio and other things under windoze.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=windows+ameliorated+edition

-mb