Old Computer

Author: Matthew Crews via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matthew Crews
Subject: Old Computer
Howdy,

I am retiring my old tower, which served me well over a decade as both a
gaming tower and as a NAS. I no longer have a use for it, nor the space
for it. I would rather see it go to a new home than to the junkyard. If
anyone is interested, please ping me off-list and we'll see what we can do.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
RAM: 8GB DDR2
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 550 Ti
Case: Full tower with up to 9 drive bays (one of which is taken up by a
DVD-ROM)
Motherboard: Asus gaming motherboard circa 2008, no built in wifi but
does have dual gigabit ethernet.

Add a hard drive and a wifi adapter (if desired) and its ready to use.

Runs Linux just fine. Tested up to Ubuntu 18.04, but I wouldn't expect a
lot of performance compared to modern machines.

Cheers.

-Matt