Re: After Linux Mint update, numerous problems ...

Author: joe--- via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: joe
Subject: Re: After Linux Mint update, numerous problems ...
Brian ... When I tried to do sudo apt full-upgrade, I got this result:

t420: sudo apt full-upgrade
[sudo] password for joe:
apt
Usage: apt command [options]
        apt help command [options]

Commands:
autoclean       - Erase old downloaded archive files
autoremove      - Remove automatically all unused packages
build           - Build binary or source packages from sources
build-dep       - Configure build-dependencies for source packages
changelog       - View a package's changelog
check           - Verify that there are no broken dependencies
clean           - Erase downloaded archive files
contains        - List packages containing a file
content         - List files contained in a package
deb             - Install a .deb package
depends         - Show raw dependency information for a package
dist-upgrade    - Perform an upgrade, possibly installing and removing
packages
download        - Download the .deb file for a package
dselect-upgrade - Follow dselect selections
held            - List all held packages
help            - Show help for a command
hold            - Hold a package
install         - Install/upgrade packages
policy          - Show policy settings
purge           - Remove packages and their configuration files
recommends      - List missing recommended packages for a particular
package
rdepends        - Show reverse dependency information for a package
reinstall       - Download and (possibly) reinstall a currently
installed package
remove          - Remove packages
search          - Search for a package by name and/or expression
show            - Display detailed information about a package
source          - Download source archives
sources         - Edit /etc/apt/sources.list with nano
unhold          - Unhold a package
update          - Download lists of new/upgradable packages
upgrade         - Perform a safe upgrade
version         - Show the installed version of a package
                         This apt has Super Cow Powers

So I tried this: sudo apt dist-upgrade

And it ran for a long time and showed a lot of action,
but afterword, chrome still has the same problem.