Re: Linux Learning Resources

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: Linux Learning Resources
I tend to buy classes when on sale cheap (5-10 bucks) from Udemy, lately
ansible, docker, k8s, and the material is usually really good. I've not
looked to see what sort of "beginner to linux" courses they have, but I'm
almost certain they have some, and I tend to trust their content.

As said, there's always the tubes with plenty of user generated content, at
times better than what you get in higher education.

Talking with someone recently trying to complete their masters degree from
a local community college needing some missing math classes, she found the
school edu material was mostly garbage, the video "classes" were terrible,
and mostly had to end up teaching herself how to do it off youtube. She
found not only her teacher selling and giving away better classes on
youtube and others, often far better than her school provided for the class
(calculus). I can only imagine how this is for anything directly
CS-related, values of any degrees seem about worthless these days, moreso
now post-covid when you can't even talk to a human.

-mb

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 4:56 PM AZ Pete via PLUG-discuss <