Re: playback speed in playlist

Author: Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Matt Graham
New-Topics: text too small - almost forgot, text too small
Subject: Re: playback speed in playlist
On 2020-07-18 15:54, der.hans via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> can a playback speed be specified in a music playlist?
> Something like the following.
>
> Brahms/Waltz.flac speed=85
> Händel/Bourree.flac speed=80
> Beeethoven/5th_Symphony.flac speed=110
>
> Playback speed has to come with tempo correction.

sox will do this, or at least it says it will and it seems to work
according to my unscientific fooling around. Syntax is "play
whatever.mp3 tempo 1.3" to play whatever.mp3 at 130% of its normal
speed, with pitch correction. Use "speed 1.3" to get the Chipmunks
effect. Try it and see what you find out?

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity