Re: non-admin GUI deb installs

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: Aaron Jones
CC: der.hans, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: non-admin GUI deb installs
Am 06. Jun, 2020 schwätzte Aaron Jones so:

moin moin,

> Synaptic right?

That's what I figured, but we found muon.

I don't care which.

But, how do I enable non-root package install?

Using muon, it asks for authentication to an account with root access.
Don't want to grant full-root, just package install and removal.

Currently, searching via muon, then installing via command line. The
eventual goal is all command line :), but baby steps.

We will be exploring debian-junior in depth this summer.

Reading Pepper & Carrot now, then some kdenlive howtos.

ciao,

der.hans

# When in doubt, choose the interesting. -- der.hans---------------------------------------------------