Re: PfSense + ubiquity

+ (text/html)
Author: Thomas Scott via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Thomas Scott
Subject: Re: PfSense + ubiquity
They are welcome to, but node splits are a 6 month minimum last I checked
😁 - granted we're getting faster with how many we're doing. In the next 5
years, most cable operators will implement some sort of aggressive node
splitting to keep up with demand. Current employer not excluded.

I've had CLink on fiber - they're upstream nodes are a little more
saturated, but they do peer locally in the valley. Current employer does
have peering with FAANG and a couple other heavy hitters in the valley (not
any proprietary information here, any trace route from the valley to those
sites will show it terminating in 2 or 3 hops), but if I recall correctly
70% of CLink traffic hits their DCs in Phoenix. Granted it's all best
effort past that, but if you don't have a heavily saturated node, you'll do
all right. GPON fiber is GPON fiber, regardless of Service Provider. It's
just a question of how many other subscribers are on your PON port and how
big the upstream links are.

- Thomas Scott | <>

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 4:04 PM Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss <