zoom and teams patches

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: quatsch
CC: der.hans
Subject: zoom and teams patches
moin moin,

I'll be posting something longer and positive about Big Blue Button (
hopefully today ), but at this point we're probably all stuck using a
variety of tools that others get to choose for us.

Zoom fixed their waiting room security hole and Microsoft is still
learning how to safely display images.

Both were fixed server side, so the holes should be gone.

https://citizenlab.ca/2020/04/zooms-waiting-room-vulnerability/

https://www.cyberark.com/threat-research-blog/beware-of-the-gif-account-takeover-vulnerability-in-microsoft-teams/

Anyone know the state of webex? That's popped up for me due to the
recurring zoom issues.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.