Re: Filesystem Optimization

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Filesystem Optimization
On 2020-02-08 23:01, Stephen Partington wrote:
[problems using rsync over NFS]
>> Or try running the rsync daemon on the NFS server, since NFS is
>> good for reading, good for writing, and horrible for creating
>> files?  That'll show totally different network behavior since
>> it removes NFS's weirdnesses.
> Rsync does have a service. I would suggest looking at it.

I tried doing "rsync --daemon" and found that running it offers
essentially zero advantages for the use case the OP had. It's no faster
than using rsync over ssh, and actually less convenient than rsync over
ssh since you have to write an rsyncd.conf file and set up
authentication separately.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity