Re: Filesystem Optimization

Author: Matt Graham
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Filesystem Optimization
On 2020-02-11 20:36, Nathan (PLUGAZ) wrote:
> On 2020-02-11 19:43, Matt Graham wrote:

[putting this back on the PLUG list]
>> I did "mount /mnt/testrsync -o remount,barrier=0" and immediately
>> after that, that LV showed up in the output from mount with
>> "nobarrier" in it.
> Just for fun, I tried exactly that, mount -o remount,barrier=0
> /remote and it says
> mount.nfs4: an incorrect mount option was specified

"nobarrier" is a valid option for *ext34* filesystems. You have to
execute the remount command on the machine that's *serving* this
filesystem over NFS, not the machine that's *mounting* the filesystem
over NFS. Once that's done, file creation over NFS should be a heck of
a lot faster.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity