Re: color laser printer?

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: color laser printer?
Am 25. Jan, 2020 schwätzte William Lindley so:

moin moin Bill,

> Very happy with my Brother color duplex laser (well, really, LED beam)
> printer.  Works perfectly with cups ppd.

What model do you have?

When I was looking online everything was pointing at downloading a
proprietary tool from brother's site.

I did find a package for brother printers and it lists two B/W printers.

ciao,

der.hans

> Places like 123inkjets.com have low-cost remanufactured or compatible
> cartridges that work perfectly as well.
>
> The only noticeable overall performance difference is that whereas HP
> prints duplex pages faster (first-side-first-page,
> first-side-second-page, second-side-first-page,
> second-side-second-page), the Brother only handles one sheet at a time.
> The slower speed, in my experience, is not a problem because the Brother
> mechanism is less likely to jam, and is far easier to clear should
> anything go wrong.
>
> \\/

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# TXLF cfp extended to Jan 25 https://2020.texaslinuxfest.org/
# Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
# I took the one less traveled by,
# And that has made all the difference. -- Robert Frost
# I, OTOH, prefer to just go stomping through the desert... - der.hans---------------------------------------------------