Re: What to do with old hardware

Author: Eric Oyen
To: Seabass, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: What to do with old hardware
Well, if you want to use a cluster, try installing open_CL. This will allow you to create a cluster for computational intensive tasks (like password cracking, set at home, etc.). You may also use one of those laptops as a basic router with wi-fi capability. It will most certainly be far more powerful than an equivalent router given it’s CPU and memory availability.

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Hardware Infrastructure support Dept.