Re: Phone slooowed to a crawl!

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Phone slooowed to a crawl!
Being that old, maybe it got web drive-by hijacked and is now cryptomining
on your phone just through browsing. I browse very little on mine as I
don't particularly trust android browsers.

I'll second wiping it with a factory reset to see if it helps, it'll get
rid of any scurvy you picked up along the way. Put back your apps slowly
and see what bogs it down.

The most compelling reason to upgrade these days is getting
security updates, and samsung is pretty bad about it even on their latest
phones, non-existent on yours that old. Maybe see if you can flash a newer
rom os like LineageOS on there that is more current.

-mb