Re: Phone slooowed to a crawl!

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Phone slooowed to a crawl!
Maybe, I would backup your data (Helium backup is a win here) and your
files then see if it gets better after a factory reset.

also how much free space do you have on the device itself (not SD card) If
this is less than 1GB then you may want to uninstall and move data off of
it until you have at least 3-5 free and see if it improves.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM Michael <> wrote:

> so I need a new phone?
>
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:46 AM Stephen Partington <>
> wrote:
>
>> Age of the device, available space, software cruft. All of this can have
>> an impact on overall performance. Battery age and flash wear also.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 4:29 AM Michael <> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't even use my GPS. My boss says it is because of the age of the
>>> phone (it is a galaxy s6) but I figure I might as well ask the brain trust
>>> if there is anything I can do about it. I rarely download stuff to it so
>>> that is unlikely a contributing factor. What do you say?
>

> --

Stephen