How to rsync to a chromebook with linux?

Author: Joe Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: How to rsync to a chromebook with linux?
Just purchased the ASUS c423 Chromebook (it is fantastic)
and I was delighted to discover that I could just click on
an icon on the "shelf" (panel) and Linux was quickly
installed automatically (within only a couple minutes).

So, I am really enjoying the discovery process to see
what all I can do now with Linux on this Chromebook
running *simultaneously* with the chrome os.

However, I have not yet been able to find the magic syntax
to rsync files from my current Linux system to this new
Chromebook. When I tap on the Linux icon on the shelf
the Chromebook opens to a black screen with this prompt:

# upquick@penguin: and I found the IP address is 192.168.0.22
so I created a subdirectory titled 'bin' in: home/upquick/
and tried the following in order to try to copy all of my
hundreds of 'bin' shell script utilities to the chromebook:

rsync -avH --progress /home/joe/bin/ upquick@192.168.0.22:/home/upquick/bin/

Regrettably, this did not work, so what do I need to do to
get it to work?