Re: Ubutu cox and Thunderbird?

Author: Matthew Crews
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Ubutu cox and Thunderbird?
On 10/14/19 12:38 PM, Matt Graham wrote:

> Also, using an ISP mail account as your main mail account is fraught
> with peril.  What happens when you move to another place that has a
> different ISP?  I run my own mail sewer, but I know not everyone can do
> that.  Google are evil, but gmail is reliable and costs $0.

I couldn't agree more. Using your ISP as your email account is going to
spell disaster if you ever move to a new location.

Although I don't run my own email server, I do have my own custom
domain, and I pay other companies to run it for me. That way I do not
have a single point-of-failure.

Aside from the obvious choice in Gmail, if you are interested in paid
options, I would recommend Mailfence. Their price is reasonable for
their features, and they are fairly privacy oriented. Protonmail is
another good alternative.

-Matt