Re: computer reboots on its own

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: computer reboots on its own
Thank you so much for the help I really truly appreciate it.

> Does it reboot while sitting idle?

It has not so far.

> Does it reboot due to software? IE do you have your system set to
> automatically reboot?

I do not believe so. I have had it for 3 years. I got it used. The previous
owner said it was five years old when I got it.

> Does it reboot while you are using it? Are you using very intensive
> applications on it, or very not-intensive applications?

So far it has only only reboot. after I load Chrome. And it doesn't happen
all the time usually it will load the Chrome and it will reboot then open
it again and then it will be fine.

Are your computer fans working? There are several to look at. If you are
> using a tower, you usually have an in-take fan, a graphics card fan (if
> you are using a graphics card), your CPU fan, and your power supply
> fans. Every one of these fans need to work. Laptops usually only have
> one or two fans, a CPU fan and (sometimes) an intake fan

I will investigate this after I get back from Miami but like I said it just
started and it isn't all the time.

> Does it reboot when you suspend your computer? Does it reboot when you
> are coming out of suspend or hibernation?

I never put it in hibernation. I turned it on and I turned it off.