Re: Mint update fails ...

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: Mint update fails ... Thank you!
Subject: Re: Mint update fails ...
to expand on what Brian has, my normal update routine for when I am wanting
to update all the things.
sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade && sudo apt -y autoremove
This setpset will update your sources, run a full upgrade automatically
selecting yes, then remove unneeded packages also automatically selecting
yes. the && allows you to issue 3 commands in the same line to be handled
sequentially.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:03 PM Brian Cluff <> wrote:

> All those errors look like it tried to do an update, but your systems
> package database was out of sync with the server's package database.
> You should be able to fix it by making sure that your system download a
> current package database, or from the command line running:
>
> sudo apt update ; sudo apt -f install
>
> Once you've run that everything should start working again. You may
> even want to do:
>
> sudo apt full-upgrade
>
> to get your system completely up to date.
>
> Brian Cluff
>
> On 7/15/19 6:35 PM, Joe Lowder wrote:
> > What do I need to do to get a mint update to work?
> > Please view these screenshots that disclose the problem?
> >
> > http://www.upquick.com/temp/mup1.jpg
> > http://www.upquick.com/temp/mup2.jpg
> > http://www.upquick.com/temp/mup3.jpg

Stephen