Re: OT: html code to open a document in kwrite?

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: html code to open a document in kwrite?

As I said the last time you posted this about a year ago: If you have
an HTML file on your local disk opened with Konqueror, and that HTML
file has a <a href="path/to/file.txt">link like this</a>, you can
right-click on that link and get a KDE menu where one of the choices is
"Open with". Kate and kwrite are choices available here. While this is
not a single-click solution, it's a heck of a lot easier than almost
anything else anyone has mentioned.

On 2019-05-31 12:02, Michael Butash wrote:
> Keep in mind, what you're asking to do (I think) is essentially
> allowing html and hosted files to transcend the browser to open files
> in the os and launch a file with a given application

See above. When the HTML file and the files it's linking to are all on
a local filesystem, as is the case here, the rules get relaxed.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity