Re: I just got a ransomware email--what to do?

Author: Jason Spatafore
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: I just got a ransomware email--what to do?
Nothing to worry about. Here's what these people do:

1. Fire up a VPN service on their system

2. Download the known hacked databases (usually via a torrent)

3. Generate email scripts from the hacked databases.

4. Spam people with the same message, substituting the data from the
hacked database.

There is no side by side video of you watching porn and masturbating.
The people doing this actually don't have those video editing skills
(and I doubt they have the computing power to do it either). They just
know how to run mail merges.

You can always entertain yourself like I do and check their bitcoin
wallet to see how many people actually buy their BS. Some are
successful, some are not. (Got to bitref.com and input their bitcoin
address to see their transactions.)