RE: I just got a ransomware email--what to do?

+ (text/html)
Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: I just got a ransomware email--what to do?
Most of those are ending in my spam folder anyway (I have spam detection turned up pretty high - not as high as I used to, but still a bit higher than default)

One or two slipped past it, so I have seen them. Too bad its now illegal to do a DOS attack on anyone sending you such junk. If you were running the mail server, you could detect this precise email and DOS them. If enough mail server admins did that, at least we wouldn’t get as much spam. But, unfortunately, that was made illegal (IIUC) a while back, so ‘never mind’.

Anyway, one must ask: if you’ve never watched porn on your computer, or near your computer, why would you even bother reading past the ‘we caught you watching pron’ part?

(Yet another reason it’s not a good idea to have a camera built in to your computer, IMHO - you never know who might be watching!)

Rusty