Re: I just got a ransomware email--what to do?

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: I just got a ransomware email--what to do?

On 2019-04-24 06:35, Mike wrote:
> I have ignored identical emails for years. Never a problem. Key is
> not responding. Have not to date received a follow up or additional
> communication from the initiator.

I have been getting these for a while. They're pretty inept if you
take a look at their headers and source. They claim to have hacked your
account, yet the mail doesn't come from your account, but from
compromised machines in .br or .ru with a forged From: . At least a few
claim to have a tracking pixel in them, and no tracking pixel is
attached. This is lazy scammers attempting to get easy money from dumb
people.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity