Re: Old ThinkPads

Author: Matt Graham
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Old ThinkPads
Aaron didn't say anything, so I'll post this message to the list at
large:

On 2019-03-31 09:45, Aaron Jones wrote:
[auctions that have expired]
> So two questions I guess, any one willing to help me pick these
> laptops up or ship them to me if I win them or is anyone in possession
> of some old ThinkPads they want to get rid of to support my security
> meet up? Old stuff collecting dust you want to give new life to? Let
> me know please.

I've been thinking about running a new laptop under my old Thinkpad
E530. Specs: Intel i3 4-core 2500 MHz, 4G RAM, 300G spinny disk,
DVD+-RW, 1366x768 screen, 2 USB2 ports, Realtek GigE, Intel 802.11,
bluetooth, SD card reader, big keyboard with numeric keypad. Win7 on
one partition which I can leave or not. All hardware should work fine
in any recent distro. It was running perfectly last night. Fleabay
says a comparable machine is going for $137.95. So make it slightly
more convenient at $120?

The main problem is that I have to get a new laptop and verify that
it's all working before I can sell this old machine. Shipping from
Lenovo takes a few days. But if you would like to buy this old machine,
I can get the "buy new laptop" part started, and deliver the old machine
to somewhere in the greater Phoenix metro area, or to a PLUG meeting, or
something like that once the new machine arrives. What do you think?

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity